The House of Commons agreed the Membership of the Justice Committee on Monday 12 July.
The following MPs will be sitting on the Committee, which scrutinises policy and spending by the Justice Department:
- Rt Hon Sir Alan Beith (Liberal Democrat, Berwick-upon-Tweed) (Chair)
- Robert Buckland (Conservative, South Swindon)
- Christopher Evans (Labour/Co-operative, Islwyn)
- Helen Grant (Conservative, Maidstone and The Weald)
- Siân James (Labour, Swansea East)
- Jessica Lee (Conservative, Erewash)
- Elfyn Llwyd (Plaid Cymru, Dwyfor Meirionnydd)
- Claire Perry (Conservative, Devizes)
- Yasmin Qureshi (Labour, BoltonSouth East)
- Linda Riordan (Labour/Co-operative, Halifax)
- Anna Soubry (Conservative, Broxtowe)
- Karl Turner (Labour, Kingston upon Hull East)
The Committee held its first meeting on Tuesday 13 July and will be announcing inquiries shortly.
Image: Parliamentary copyright