Young adult offenders further evidence
11 January 2016
The Justice Committee holds second evidence session on their Young adult offenders inquiry.
Tuesday 12 January 2016, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
At 9.45 am
- Lord Harris of Haringey, Chair of the Harris Review
At 10.25 am (approx.)
- Baroness Young of Hornsey OBE, Chair of the Task Group producing the Young Review
- Mr Jeremy Crook, Director, Black Training Enterprise Group
- Mr Raheel Mohammed, Director, Maslaha
At 11.05 am (approx.)
- Lord McNally, Chairman and Ms Lin Hinnigan, Chief Executive, Youth Justice Board
Purpose of the session
This session will examine: relevant aspects of Lord Harris’s review into self-inflicted deaths in prison of young adults and the Government response; the implications of Baroness Young’s review of how to improve outcomes for young black and Muslim men in the criminal justice system; and what can be learnt from the youth justice system to inform more appropriate responses to young adults.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Crime, Criminal law, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page