The International Development Committee will hold the third evidence session in its inquiry into The Future of UK Development Co-operation: Phase 1-Development Finance on Tuesday 3 September.
In Committee Room 5, House of Commons [Room maybe subject to change]
At 9.30 am:
• Simon Howarth, Technical Director
• Philip Schluter, Managing Director
Ashley Insight Ltd
• Caroline Ashley, Director
At 10.30 am:
• Diana Noble, Chief Executive Officer
• Holger Rothenbusch, Managing Director
Private Infrastructure Development Group
• Edward Farquharson, Executive Director, PIDG Programme Management Unit
Purpose of the Session
This is the third evidence session in the Committee’s inquiry on Development Finance. The first panel offers the opportunity to hear the views of private sector organisations on the role of concessional loans and the potential benefits of a UK development bank. The second panel is a chance to discuss the contribution made by CDC and PIDG to DIFD’s private sector strategy, and to hear the views of those organisations on issues relating to private sector support and the potential role for bilateral concessional loans from DFID in providing assistance to developing countries.