The International Development Committee has decided to hold an inquiry into these foundations including large and smaller foundations in the developed world and foundations in the developing world. Issues of particular interest are:
- The role of private foundations in development
- Their relations with DFID and multilateral organisations, including the effectiveness of co-ordination and how to avoid duplication
- The role and influence of high profile advocates on international development
- The accountability of private foundations and high profile advocates
The deadline for submitting written evidence is Wednesday 14 September 2011.
Written evidence submitted should:
- If possible, be provided electronically in MS Word or Rich Text format by e-mail to [email protected]. If submitted by e-mail or e-mail attachment, a letter should also be sent validating the e-mail.
- The letterhead should contain your full postal address and contact details
- Begin with a one page summary if it is longer than six pages
- Have numbered paragraphs
- Avoid the use of colour or expensive-to-print material.
Submissions can also be sent by post to International Development Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
A guide for written submissions to Select Committees may be found on the parliamentary website at: http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/witnessguide.pdf ( PDF 1.25 MB)