The International Development Committee will hold the first evidence session for the inquiry into Violence Against Women and Girls on Tuesday 12 February at 9.30am. The first panel offers the opportunity to hear from women lawyers working to reduce levels of violence in two African countries, Ghana and Tanzania.
Tuesday 12 February, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Bernice Sam, National Programme Co-ordinator, Women in Law and Development in Africa Ghana
- Annmarie Mavenjina, Women’s Rights Adviser, ActionAid Tanzania
- Detective Chief Superintendent Keith Niven and Detective Chief Inspector Iqbal Singh, Metropolitan Police Child Abuse Investigation Command
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, Advocacy Director, FGM Programme, Equality Now
- Nimco Ali, Daughters of Eve