The Committee is currently undertaking an inquiry into the development situation in Malawi.
The original deadline for submissions of evidence was 20 February 2012. However, there has been considerable upheaval in Malawi in recent weeks, with the death of the President and the consequent change in Government. In view of this situation, the Committee would now like to invite further submissions on:
- How the UK can best help to improve opportunities for economic growth, job creation and meeting the Millennium Development Goal targets in Malawi
- How DFID should respond to the changed political situation following the President's death
The new deadline for submitting written evidence is 24 May 2012.
Written evidence submitted should:
- Be no longer that 3000 words in length
- Have numbered paragraphs
- Avoid the use of colour or expensive-to-print material
- Be provided electronically in MS Word (No PDFs) by e-mail to [email protected]. Submissions can also be sent by post to International Development Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.