On Thursday 18 April 2013, the International Development Committee will hold the final evidence session on Global Food Security.
Witnesses and Venue
Thursday 18 April, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
Department for Transport (DfT)
- Norman Baker MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State
Department for International Development (DFID)
- Lynne Featherstone MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State
- Professor Stefan Dercon, Chief Economist of DFID
- Professor Tim Wheeler, Deputy Chief Scientific Adviser
- Dr Kenny Dick, Team-leader of DFID’s Food and Nutrition Security Team
Purpose of the Session
With the G8 event on malnutrition fast approaching, and the NGO campaign on hunger also ongoing, this session is an opportunity for the Committee to draw together some of the emerging themes, and to question a DFID Minister on a broad range of topics related to food security. The Committee will also have the opportunity to question a DfT Minister on the subject of biofuels.
Follow along on Twitter using @commonsIDC