The International Development Committee will hold the second evidence session in its inquiry into The Future of UK Development Co-operation: Phase 1-Development Finance on Tuesday 2 July.
Tuesday 2 July, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster, room maybe subject to change
- Andrew Rogerson, Senior Research Associate, Overseas Development Institute
- Owen Barder, Senior Fellow and Director for Europe, Center for Global Development
- Peter Young, Director, Adam Smith International
- Tamsyn Barton, Director General, European Investment Bank
- Marc Engelhardt, Director of Development and Climate, KfW Development Bank
- Chris West, Director, Shell Foundation
- Dorothee Fiedler, Deputy Director General, German Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development
Purpose of the session
This is the second evidence session for the Committee’s inquiry on Development Finance. The first panel offers the opportunity to discuss the role of multilateral organisations and the ideal balance between bilateral and multilateral aid. The second panel is a chance to explore the experience of other providers of development finance, including their views on the role of concessional loans and the pros of cons of setting up a UK development bank.