The International Development Committee will hold a second evidence session on Tuesday 26 October for its inquiry into the 2010 Millennium Development Goals Review Summit held on 20-22 September 2010.
- Myles Wickstead, Visiting Professor (International Relations), Open University and Head of Secretariat, Commission for Africa
- Andrew Shepherd, Director, Chronic Poverty Research Centre, Overseas Development Institute
The session offers the opportunity to assess Summit outcomes, including:
- DFID’s role in delivering agreed strategies;
- The role of the UN, the World Bank, the European Commission and NGOs in securing and delivering Summit outcomes, and how these organisations will be held accountable for achieving them;
- The role of developing countries in securing and delivering Summit outcomes;
- Looking ahead to after the MDG deadline of 2015.
The session is open to the public and will be held in Committee Room 17, starting at 10.00am.