Sub-Committee on the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) hears from both ICAI and the Department for International Development (DFID) on the use of cash transfer programmes.
Wednesday 22 February 2017, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI)
- Dr Alison Evans, Chief Commissioner
- Willem Van Eekelen, Team Leader
Department for International Development (DFID)
- Nick Dyer, Director-General, Policy and Global Programmes
- Jonathan Hargreaves, Head of Governance, Open Societies and Anti-Corruption
- Heather Kindness, Team Leader, Social Protection
Purpose of the Session
The Independent Commission for Aid Impact has reviewed how well DFID is using cash transfer programmes, which have broadly been shown to be an effective means of reducing poverty.
The Sub-Committee will question ICAI on its review and DFID on its performance. It will look at the impact that DFID is achieving, how DFID is helping national governments to strengthen their cash transfer programmes, and to what extent the programmes are achieving value for money.