International Development Committee hears from leading NGOs on the HIV/AIDS global response and on how the work DFID is doing is helping to reach the Global Goal and target.
Tuesday 24 January 2017, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Mike Podmore, Director, STOPAIDS
- Shaun Mellors, Director of Knowledge and Influence, International HIV/AIDS Alliance
- Anne Aslett, Executive Director, Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Beth Benedict, International Director, Restless Development
- Fionnuala Murphy, Head of Advocacy, Harm Reduction International
Purpose of the Session
SDG Goal 3 is to: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. Within this target 3.3 is to end the epidemic of AIDS by 2030.
The session will find out about the global context of the epidemic within which DFID is working, DFID’s strategy towards the target, DFID’s funding and monitoring of HIV/AIDS programmes, the problems facing key populations focusing on women and girls, young people and intravenous drug users and the UK’s global voice.