The International Development Committee hears from non-governmental organisations and from Department of International Development and Foreign and Commonwealth Office Ministers on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and the UK Government's response.
Wednesday 27 January 2016, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Julien Harneis, Head of UNICEF Yemen
- Josephine Hutton, Regional Programme Manager, Middle East, Oxfam
- Grant Pritchard, Director of Advocacy, Media and Communications on Yemen, Save the Children
- Roy Isbister, Head of Arms Unit, Saferworld
- Rt Hon Desmond Swayne MP, Minister of State for International Development
- Juliette John, Head of DFID Yemen, Department for International Development
- Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Nicholas Alton, Deputy Head of Arabian Peninsula and Iran, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Purpose of the session
This session covers the scale of the crisis and how effectively DFID and other strands of Government have responded to protect civilians and ensure adherence to international humanitarian law.
Video: Parliamentary copyright