MPs take evidence on student visas
08 February 2011
The Commons Home Affairs Committee will question various organisations and the Minister of State for Immigration on how the proposed changes will affect the Further Education sector and International students as well as looking at some of the criticisms of Tier 4 migration.
Purpose of session
This is the second evidence session of the Student Visas inquiry which provides the committee with an opportunity to examine the government consultation on proposed changes to Tier 4 migration.
The session will concentrate on how the proposed changes will affect the Further Education sector and International students as well as looking at some of the criticisms of Tier 4 migration.
Tuesday 8 February 2011 at 11.00 a.m.
Committee Room 8
- Martin Doel, Chief Executive, Association of Colleges
- John Mountford, International Director, Association of Colleges
At approximately 11.30am
- Dominic Scott, Chief Executive, UK Council for International Student Affairs
- Aaron Porter, President, NUS
At approximately 12 noon
- Sir Andrew Green, Chief Executive, MigrationWatch UK
- Mr Alper Mehmet, Member, Advisory Council, MigrationWatch UK
At approximately 12.30pm
- Damian Green MP, Minister of State for Immigration, Home Office
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Education, Higher education, Students, Commons news, Parliamentary business, Committee news