Tuesday 7 September 2010
Grimond Room, Portcullis House, House of Commons
This is the Committee’s second evidence session on the subject of the Government’s proposals for immigration caps. This inquiry focuses on the Government’s current proposals to cap non-EU economic migration through Tiers 1 and 2 of the points-based system in a permanent cap (the subject of two current Government consultations).
At 11.00 am
- Professor Metcalf, Migration Advisory Committee
At approximately 11.45 am
- Mr Anwar Hassan, Managing Director, Tata Limited
- Mr Som Mittal, President, NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies: the bodies representing India’s IT industries)
- Mr Hilton Dawson, CEO, British Association of Social Workers
Followed by a session on:
The session provides an opportunity to question the Assistant Commissioner for Specialist Operations about topical aspects of his role, particularly in relation to royal protection and counter-terrorism.
At 12.30 pm
- Assistant Commissioner John Yates, QPM, Specialist Operations, Metropolitan Police