Following the BBC Panorama investigation into the running of Brook House Immigration Removal Centre, the Home Affairs Committee questions G4S.
Grimond Room, Portcullis House, Thursday 14 September.
At 9.45 am:
- Reverend Nathan Ward, former Duty Director at Brook House
- James Wilson, Director, Gatwick Detainees Welfare Group
And at 10.30 am:
- Peter Neden, Regional President, UK and Ireland, G4S
- Jerry Petherick, Managing Director, Custodial and Detention Centres, G4S
Endemic drug-taking, under-staffing and bullying
The BBC Panorama investigation, which was aired earlier this month, investigating the running of Brook House Immigration Removal Centre, highlighted serious issues with the running of Brook House, including:
- Endemic drug-taking (both Spice and cannabis)
- Bullying amongst staff and of detainees
- Allegations of assault, racial abuse and mocking of detainees by G4S staff
- Cases of self-harm and attempted suicide amongst detainees
- Failure to report incidents of C&R (control and restraint) or refusal to eat.