The Committee's Report on the Immigration Cap was published on 3 November 2010 as the First Report of Session 2010-12, HC 361.
Additional written evidence has been published.
Terms of reference
The Committee issued the following terms of reference on 29 July 2010:
- The impact a cap on non-EU economic migration would have on the ability of UK business and industries to recruit the skills and staff they require;
- The numbers of skilled and non-skilled migrants likely to be affected by a cap on Tiers 1 and 2;
- The impact and effectiveness of a ‘first come, first served’ or a pool system for highly skilled migrants under Tier 1; and of a ‘first come, first served’, a pool, or an auction, system for skilled migrants under Tier 2;
- Whether and how intra-company transfers should be included in a cap;
- The implications of merging the Resident Labour Market Test and Shortage Occupation Lists;
- Whether dependents should be included in the cap, and the effect of including them.