MPs question the professional regulators for doctors and nurses
14 June 2011
Health Committee announces evidence session.
The session will take place in Committee Room 8, House of Commons, Palace of Westminster.
Topics likely to feature in this session include:
- The ability (or otherwise) of medical doctors to opt for ‘elective removal’ from the register to practice before investigation by the GMC.
- The proportion of black and minority doctors represented in statistics for investigations that examine fitness to practice.
- Action underway or required to tighten language testing of nurses from EEA
- The practical revalidation of nurses to ensure their fitness to practice The latest rates of fitness to practice investigations against nurses.
- Action being taken by NMC to address issues arising from the care home scandal at Winterbourne View in Bristol.
General Medical Council
- Niall Dickson, Chief Executive and Registrar
- Paul Philip, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Standards and Fitness to Practise
- Professor Malcolm Lewis, Council Member
Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Proffessor Dickon Weir-Hughes, Chief Executive and Registrar
- Dr Katerina Kolyva, Assistant Director for Nursing Midwife Policy
- Jackie Smith, Director of Fitness to Practise
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Health services and medicine, Health staff and professions, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page