The Commons Health Committee meets GP representatives and a panel of GPs with differing perspectives today to continue its inquiry into how the new government intends to implement changes to commissioning in the NHS through implementation of policies outlined in the recent white paper.
Watch the meeting: Health Commissioning
Issues of particular interest include proposals to replace Primary Care Trusts with GP commissioning consortia, the challenges thrown up by transition to such a system, the role of the NHS Commissioning Board and the impact of these changes upon patient choice.
The meeting will take place at 10.30am in Committee Room 8, House of Commons.
- Professor Steve Field, Chair of Council, Royal College of GPs
- Dr Richard Vautrey, Deputy Chair, BMA General Practitioners Committee
- Dr James Kingsland, President, National Association of Primary Care
- Michael Sobanja, Chief Officer, NHS Alliance
- Dr Paul Charlson GP, Hull
- Dr Peter Davies GP, Halifax
- Dr Kambiz Boomla GP, Tower Hamlets
- Dr Jonathon Tomlinson GP, Hackney