On 18 July 2013, the Foreign Affairs Committee launched an inquiry into the Government's policy with respect to the United States
The Committee would welcome submissions of evidence which address in particular:
- the extent to which the UK’s foreign policy approach to the US has changed under the Coalition Government, and with what results for UK national interests, especially with respect to areas of unique UK-US cooperation;
- the relationship between the UK Government’s policy towards the US and its increased focus on UK relationships outside the Transatlantic area;
- how the UK Government is responding, and should respond, to the US ‘pivot to Asia’; and
- how, in its relations with the US, the UK Government can build on the lessons of post-2001 interventions involving both states in third countries.
Call for evidence
As part of a scheme to encourage paperless working and maximise efficiency, the Committee is piloting a new web portal for online submissions of written evidence. Written submissions for this inquiry should therefore be sent via the Foreign Affairs Committee website:
Call for evidence:
Interested groups or individuals are encouraged to submit written evidence to the inquiry.
Written evidence should be received by the Committee no later than Wednesday 11 September 2013.
Form of written evidence:
Submissions must be no longer than 3,000 words. The main body of any submission should use numbered paragraphs.
Each submission should contain:
- a short summary, perhaps in bullet point form;
- a brief introduction about the person or organisation submitting evidence, perhaps explaining their area of expertise or experience;
- any factual information from which the Committee might be able to draw conclusions, or which could be put to other witnesses;
- and any recommendations for action by the Government or others which the submitter would like the Committee to consider for inclusion in its report to the House.
- Submissions should be in MS Word format (we cannot process PDFs) with no use of colour or logos.
- Further information on submitting evidence
Please contact Brigid Fowler, Committee Specialist, on 020 7219 4082 or [email protected]
Members of the press with enquires should contact Alex Paterson, Select Committee Media Officer, on 020 7219 1589 or 07917 488488, or [email protected]