This is the third of four evidence sessions for the inquiry into the Foreign Policy Implications of and for a Separate Scotland.
The session aims to cover the implications for the FCO of Scottish independence, bilateral relations between Scotland the RUK, the issues that Scotland would need to address in setting up its own Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the extent to which independence might affect the RUK’s soft power and standing.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday 15 January at 2.30 pm in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 2.30 pm
- Dr Juliet Kaarbo, Senior Lecturer in International Relations, University of Edinburgh
- Catarina Tully, Director, From Over Here (an international relations Consultancy)
At approx 3.15 pm
- Rt Hon the Lord Jay of Ewelme, former Permanent Under Secretary, FCO (2002-06)
At approx 3.45 pm
- Sir James Craig GMCG, former Ambassador
- Anthony Layden CMG, former Ambassador