This is the final evidence session for the Committee’s inquiry into The FCO’s performance and finances in 2012-13.
The meeting will be on Tuesday 26 November 2013, in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
At 2.30 pm
- Sir Simon Fraser KCMG, Permanent Under-Secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Matthew Rycroft, Chief Operating Officer, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Iain Walker, Director of Finance, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Purpose of Session
The starting point for questioning will be the 2012-13 Annual Report and Accounts of the FCO, although the Committee plans to concentrate on the following themes:
- The FCO’s property strategy, including the criteria used by the FCO in decisions aimed at deriving savings from its estate, including offices, Residences and residential accommodation; the extent to which the overseas estate meets the FCO’s requirements and those of its staff, as well as those of the Government more generally; and the “One HMG Overseas” initiative.
- The FCO’s engagement with British nationals overseas and with the wider public through digital means (such as Twitter and ministerial blogs)