On Wednesday 15 November, the Foreign Affairs Committee will take oral evidence from the Permanent Under Secretary, Sir Simon McDonald, and Foreign and Commonwealth Office colleagues.
Purpose of the session
The aims of this evidence session are:
- To assess the FCO's strategy and objectives in light of both the UK's vote to leave the EU and the pursuit of a 'Global Britain';
- To review the capacity of the FCO to implement UK foreign policy, in particular the Department's resources and professionalisation programme, Diplomacy 20:20;
- To scrutinise the FCO's expenditure and performance in 2016–17.
Wednesday 15 November 2017, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Simon McDonald, Permanent Under Secretary
- Andrew Sanderson, Finance Director
- Peter Jones, Chief Operating Officer
- Miranda Curtis, Lead Non-Executive Board Member