The European Scrutiny Committee is taking evidence from David Jones MP, Minister of State, Department for Exiting the European Union, and Sir Tim Barrow KCMG, UK Permanent Representative to the EU, as one of its sessions on EU-UK relations in preparation for Brexit.
Monday 20 March 2017, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Timothy Earle Barrow KCMG, LVO, MBE, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Rt Hon David Jones MP, Minister of State, Department for Exiting the European Union
Purpose of the session
This is Sir Tim's first appearance before a Commons select committee since taking up his post in Brussels at the beginning of the year.
At a time when there has been wholesale change at top of UKREP the session provides an opportunity for the Committee to discuss:
- the challenges presented by the Brexit negotiations;
- the extent to which "business as usual" negotiations are being handled with proper consideration, and feeding in to exit negotiations;
- the future role of UKREP.
Image: Parliamentary copyright
Video: Parliamentary copyright