The Environmental Audit Committee will hold a third evidence session on its Invasive species inquiry on Wednesday 26 February at 2.30 pm in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
At c2.30 pm (Panel 1)
- Professor Chris Thomas, University of York
At c3.00 pm (Panel 2)
- Non-Native Species Secretariat (Dr Niall Moore)
- Natural England (Adrian Jowitt)
- Environment Agency (Geoff Bateman)
- Scottish Natural Heritage (Stan Whitaker)
Purpose of session
In this third session for this inquiry the Committee will take evidence from Professor Chris Thomas (University of York) who has written extensively on the translocation of species by climate change; and a panel of regulatory bodies - the Non-Native Species Secretariat, Natural England, Environment Agency and Scottish Natural Heritage. An issue for that panel will be the applicability of the Scottish invasive species control regime in England, against the background of the Law Commission's recent report on this matter.