Tanzanian academics, ecologists and officials give evidence to the Commons Environmental Audit Committee via video link about the impact of the UK's aid programme on environmental protection and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The session is open to the press and the public and will take place on Thursday 24 March 2011, in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, via video conference link to Tanzania.
- George Jambiya, Lecturer, University of Dar es Salaam;
- Lars Mikkel Johannesen, Chair of the Development Partners Group for Environment and Climate Change; and
- Charles Meshack, Executive Director, Tanzanian Forest Conservation Group.
- Richard Muyungi, Acting Assistant Director, Environment and National UNFCCD focal point, Vice Presidents Office; and
- Frederick Manyika, Principal Forest Officer, Vice Presidents Office.
Followed by at 11.45 am
DfID Tanzania officials:
- Darren Welch, Head of Office;
- Richard Moberley, Senior Economic Adviser (lead on budget support);
- Zabdiel Kimambo, Governance Adviser (lead on accountability and civil society engagement);
- Gertrude Mapunda Kihunrwa, Social Policy Adviser (lead on humanitarian, water and social protection); and
- Magdalena Banasiak, Climate Change Adviser.