The Environmental Audit Committee will hold its fourth public evidence hearing on its Green Finance inquiry at 2.15 pm on Wednesday 20 November in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
Purpose of session
The aim of the session is to explore opportunities and barriers around finance for community energy.
- What are the unique opportunities and challenges that community groups face in accessing finance?
- What does it take for a community group to secure finance for energy schemes?
- What more should Government do to support finance to this area?
- What role can local authorities play in providing finance and reducing costs?
- Robert Rabinowitz, Chief Executive, Pure Leapfrog
- James Vaccaro,International Head of Corporate Development, Triodos Bank
- Mike Smyth, Chair, Energy4All, and Wey Valley energy co-operatives