The Environmental Audit Committee will hold its third public evidence hearing on its Green Finance inquiry at 4.15 pm on Monday 11 November in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
Purpose of session
In this session the committee will explore different ways of increasing the finance available for green investments, including:
- Can pension funds and other investors be encouraged to re-direct their capital funds towards investments with green objectives?
- How can ‘political risk’ to investors from changes in Government energy and environmental policies be reduced?
- Could Quantitative Easing be focused on green projects?
- What are the pros and cons of having a financial transaction tax (Tobin tax) with revenue used to support green investments?
- Josh Ryan-Collins, Senior Researcher in Money and Credit, Finance and Business Team, New Economics Foundation
- Catherine Howarth, CEO, Share Action
- Stephanie Maier, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Aviva Investors
- Ian Simm, Chief Executive, Impax Asset Management, and Steering Committee, Low Carbon Finance Group