The Environmental Audit Committee will question the Government Minister responsible for Arctic issues at 2.10 pm on Tuesday 9 July in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster, as part of its inquiry into Protecting the Arctic: the Government’s response
At 2.10 pm
- Mark Simmonds MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Jane Rumble, Head of the Polar Regions Unit, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
In this session the Committee will explore:
- the Government’s response to its 2012 Protecting the Arctic report;
- how the Government is developing its forthcoming ‘Arctic policy framework’; and
- recent ‘Arctic’ developments, including Shell’s Arctic drilling programme, the appointment of new observer states to the Arctic Council and new data on Arctic ice volume loss.