The Environmental Audit Committee holds the first evidence session for its nitrates inquiry. The purpose of this session is to understand the scale of nitrate pollution in the UK and worldwide, the threat nitrate pollution poses to human health and the environment and the causes of nitrate pollution.
Wednesday 28 February 2018, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Professor David Reay, Chair in Carbon Management, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Robert Ward, Director of Science, British Geological Survey
- Professor Helen Jarvie, Principal Scientist Hydrochemistry, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- Professor Penny Johnes, Professor of Biogeochemistry, University of Bristol
- David Johnson, Director of the Rivers Trust, representing Wildlife and Countryside link
- Will Andrews Tipper, Head of Natural Environment, Green Alliance