The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will take evidence on the recent flooding events from the Chairman of the Environment Agency, Lord Chris Smith and the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP.
Wednesday 2 April 2014
- Lord Chris Smith, Chairman, Environment Agency
- Paul Leinster, Chief Executive, Environment Agency
- David Rooke, Executive Director of Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management, Environment Agency
At approximately 3.45pm
- Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP, Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Sonia Phippard, Director, Water and Flood Risk Management
Details of evidence session
This is the final evidence session of the Winter Floods inquiry focusing on the implications of the winter floods and following up on the maintenance issues and recommendations that the Committee raised last year in its Report on Managing Flood Risk. Among other things, the Committee will ask about reductions in funding, responsibilities for maintenance and lessons to be learnt from the winter floods.