The Government recently published the Draft Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill. The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee has decided to take evidence about this draft legislation from representatives of the farming and food production industries.
This one-off session will consider in particular:
- The need for an adjudicator to enforce the Groceries Code
- Whether the provisions of the Draft Bill, relating to investigations and recovery of investigation costs by the Adjudicator, are sufficient and appropriate
- Whether the concerns of indirect suppliers are met by the Draft Bill
- Whether the provisions of the Draft Bill, relating to the Adjudicator's forms of enforcement following an investigation, are sufficient and appropriate.
The hearing will take place in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 11.00 am
At 12.00 pm (approx)
- Processed Vegetables Growers' Association (PVGA)