MPs to question Minister on flooding and meat production
26 March 2013
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee holds a further oral evidence session on flood defence funding and meat production issues on Tuesday 26 March at 3pm.
This session will focus on eliciting a Government position on funding levels for defences, the work of the Environment Agency and local authorities on managing flood risk, and on flood insurance provision once the Statement of Principles has expired in June 2013.
The meeting will take place in Committee Room 8 at the Palace of Westminster.
- Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP, Secretary of State at Defra
- Sonia Phippard, Director, Water and Flood Risk Management, Defra
Immediately following the evidence on flood funding, the Committee will go on to question the Secretary of State on meat production issues including desinewed meat.
The witnesses for this evidence will be:
- Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP, Secretary of State, Defra
- Lindsay Harris, Deputy Director, Food & Materials Security and Food Standards, Defra
- Andrew Rhodes, Director of Operations, Food Standards Agency
Image: Parliamentary copyright
More news on: Energy and environment, Parliament, government and politics, Central government, Parliament, Water, Agriculture, animals, food and rural affairs, Animals, Flooding, Commons news, Committee news, Ministers
Share this page