The EFRA Committee is undertaking an inquiry to consider the options Defra has for implementing the new CAP in England. As part of this inquiry the Committee will take oral evidence on several dates.
On 26 June 2013 the European Parliament, Council of Ministers and the European Commission reached an agreement on reforming the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) post 2013. Details carried over from the June negotiations were concluded on 24 September 2013 though legal texts remain to be drawn up.
The promise from EU leaders was for a ‘greener, fairer and less bureaucratic CAP’. The resulting agreement leaves a great deal of flexibility for Member States to implement the reforms in a way which suits them.
Tuesday 15 October, 3.00pm
Location: Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
Dr James Jones, farmer and consultant
At approximately 3.45pm:
- Abi Bunker, Head of Agriculture Policy, RSPB
- Paul Wilkinson, Head of Living Landscape, The Wildlife Trusts
- David Baldock, Executive Director, Institute for European Environmental Policy
Wednesday 23 October, 3.00pm, Room tbc
- Peter Kendall, President, NFU
- Martin Haworth, Director of Policy and Communications, NFU
- Mark Grimshaw, Chief Executive, Rural Payments Agency
- Dave Webster, Chief Executive, Natural England
Tuesday 29 October, approx 3.45pm, Room tbc
- Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Wednesday 30 October, 3.00pm, Room tbc
- James Bailey, Federation of Yorkshire Commoners and Moorland Graziers
- George Dunn, Chief Executive, Tenants Farmers Association
- Harry Cotterell, President, CLA
- George Winn-Darley, Moorland Association representative for the North York Moors
Tuesday 5 November, 3.00pm, Room tbc
At 3.00pm: Richard Macdonald, Chair, Farming Regulation Task Force Implementation Group