EFRA Committee take evidence from police and animal welfare experts
24 April 2013
On 9 April Defra published draft legislation (PDF 766 KB) aimed at tackling dangerous dogs. The Environment Food and Rural Affairs Committee will hear oral evidence as part of its pre-legislative scrutiny of these proposals on Wednesday 24 April from 3 pm.
The session will focus on the clarity, proportionality and effectiveness of the draft clauses as published. It will also take evidence on those key recommendations in the Committee’s Dog Control and Welfare report (PDF 3 MB) published in February 2013 which would require legislative measures but are missing from the current draft Bill.
Wednesday 24 April, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Gareth Pritchard, Temporary Deputy Chief Constable, Association of Chief Police Officers
- PC Keith Evans, Association of Chief Police Officers
- Richard Leaman, Chief Executive, Guide Dogs Association
- Clarissa Baldwin, CEO, Dogs Trust
- Claire Horton, Chief Executive, Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
- Steve Goody, Director of External Affairs, Blue Cross
- Gavin Grant, Chief Executive, RSPCA
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Agriculture, animals, food and rural affairs, Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Crime, Animals, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page