Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee to take evidence from Local Government Association, British Meat Processors Association, ABP Food Group and National Farmers Union on contamination of beef products.
Following the publication of its initial Report on Contamination of Beef Products , the Environment Food and Rural Affairs Committee will take further evidence on contamination of beef products on Tuesday 5 March at 3 pm in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House, Palace of Westminster.
At 3pm - Local Government Association
- Cllr Mehboob Khan, Chair of the LGA Safer and Stronger Communities Board, and Leader of Kirklees Council, West Yorkshire
- Steve Jorden, Head of Regulatory Services, Worcestershire
At 3.45pm - British Meat Processors Association and ABP Food Group
- Andrew Simpson, President, BMPA
- Stephen Rossides, Director, BMPA
- Paul Finnerty, Chief Executive, ABP
- Stuart Roberts, Group Agriculture and Livestock Director, ABP
At 4.30 pm - NFU
This session has three panels. The first with Environmental Health and Trading Standards Officers focuses on funding and food testing regimes; the second, with meat processors, focuses on the food chain and on the detection of contamination; the final panel with the NFU addresses levels of regulation and compliance regimes and the role of British meat producers.