Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will question members of the dog breeding community and the veterinary profession on issues arising from the Independent Inquiry into Dog Breeding led by Professor Sir Patrick Bateson.
The meeting will take place on Wednesday 17 October at 3.00pm in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
- Professor Sheila Crispin, Advisory Council on the Welfare Issues of Dog Breeding
- Professor Sir Patrick Bateson, Independent Inquiry into Dog Breeding
at 3:45pm (approx)
- Ian Seath, Chairman, The Dachshund Breed Council
- Professor Steve Dean, Chairman, The Kennel Club
At 4.30pm (approx)
- Peter Jones, President, British Veterinary Association
- Mark Johnston, President, British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA)
This inquiry is also considering the Defra proposals on Tackling Irresponsible Dog Ownership, published in April, together with the Home Office plans to reform the antisocial behavior regime including dog related incidents.