The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will hold two further evidence sessions in relation to its pre-legislative scrutiny of the Draft Water Bill 2012 which was published by Defra on 10 July
Tuesday 20 November
The first of these sessions will look at the implications of the Draft Bill’s provisions for investor confidence in the industry and how far the Draft Bill is likely to effectively encourage competition.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday 20 November, in Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster.
At 3.00 pm
- Neil Griffiths-Lambeth, Senior Vice President, Infrastructure Finance, Moody’s Investors Services
- Mark Powles, Chief Executive, Business Stream
- Nathan Sanders, Managing Director of Utility Solutions, SSE Water
- Rob Cunningham, Blueprint for Water
- Nicci Russell, Blueprint for Water
Wednesday 21 November
The Committee will hold its final oral evidence session of the inquiry into the Draft Water Bill on Wednesday 21 November, in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster.
At 3.00 pm - Defra
- Richard Benyon MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Natural Environment, Water and Rural Affairs
- Sonia Phippard, Director, Water and Flood Risk Management
- Gabrielle Edwards, Deputy Director, Water legislation, Competition and Charging
This Session will be an opportunity to question the Minister and Defra officials about the issues that have been raised in the oral and written evidence received by the Committee during the course of its inquiry.