The first part of this session will focus on the barriers to growth faced by the agriculture sector.
Other issues that affect rural communities such as the availability of affordable housing, fuel costs and reforms to the planning system will also be discussed.
The second part of this session will focus on the Government’s strategy to roll out universal access to basic broadband and superfast broadband to 90% of the country by 2015.
The meeting will take place on Wednesday 28 November at 3.00pm in Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster.
At 3.00 pm
- Mr George Dunn, Chief Executive, Tenant Farmers’ Association
- Mr Harry Cotterell, President, Country Land and Business Association
- Mr David Collier, Chief Rural Affairs Adviser, NFU
- John Moore, Chief Executive, Nynet
- Malcolm Corbett, Chief Executive, Independent Networks cooperative Association (INCA)
- Ed Vaizey MP, Minister for Communications
- Rob Sullivan, Chief Executive, Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK)
The work of the Rural Communities Policy Unit in Defra, its ability to act as rural champion in the heart of government, and its effectiveness in delivering rural development will also be covered during the meeting.