The Energy and Climate Change Sub Committee on Local Energy will take evidence, for the second time, on Monday 10 June 2013, at 2pm in the Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster.
Panel 1, 2.00pm
- Mark Stokes, Managing Director, Utilyx Asset Management
- Ed Gill, Head of External Affairs, Good Energy
- Richard Tarboton, Director of Energy and Carbon, BT
- Colin Baines, Campaigns Manager, Co-operative Group
- Cllr Colin Hall, Deputy Leader, London Borough of Sutton
- Anthony Weight, Sustainable Development Co-ordinator, Cornwall Council
Panel 2, 3.20pm
- Philip Wolfe, Chairman, Westmill Solar Co-operative
- Howard Johns, Director, Ouse Valley Energy Services Company (OVESCO) Limited
- Ian Bright, Managing Director, Totnes Renewable Energy Society (TRESOC)
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Investment in medium-sized energy projects from commercial organisations;
- Power Purchase Agreements and market trading arrangements;
- Community engagement;
- Price support mechanisms
- Local Authority investment in energy projects;
- The planning process;
- Financing community schemes; and
- Advice and support services.