The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the fourth oral evidence session of its inquiry “The UK’s Energy Supply: Security or Independence?” at 10.15 am on Tuesday 28 June 2011 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House
Who will give evidence?
At 10.15 am the Committee will hear from:
- Nick Wye, Spokesperson, Gas Forum
- David Odling, Energy Policy Manager, Oil and Gas UK
- Chris Hunt, Director General, UK Petroleum Industry Association
At 11.15 am the Committee will hear from:
- Peter Mather, Regional Vice President, Europe and Head of Country, UK, BP
- Steve Jenkins, Chairman, Oil and Gas Independents’ Association
- David Loughman, Vice President Commercial for Europe, Shell
- John MacArthur, Vice President – CO2 Policy, Shell
Timings are approximate.
What will be discussed?
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Prospects for oil and gas production in the UK
- The future role for gas in the UK’s energy system
- Oil and gas prices
- Provisions for gas storage and oil stocks in the UK