The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the second oral evidence session of its inquiry "The UK's Energy Supply: Security or Independence?" at 10.15 am on Tuesday 7 June 2011 in the Grimond room, Portcullis House.
Who will give evidence?
At 10.15 am the Committee will hear from:
- David Porter, Chief Executive, Association of Electricity Producers
- Mark Hanafin, Managing Director, Centrica Energy
- Mark Rigby, Commercial Director, Gateway Gas Storage, Stag Energy
At 11.15 am the Committee will hear from:
- Nick Winser, Executive Director UK, National Grid
- Steve Edwards, Energy Networks Association
- Steve Johnson, Chief Executive, Electricity North West
Timings are approximate.
What will they ask?
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Energy infrastructure resilience
- Gas storage
- Energy price security
- Balancing a low-carbon electricity system