The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the second oral evidence session of its inquiry "A European Supergrid" at 10 am on Tuesday 14 June 2011 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House
Who will give evidence?
At 10 am the Committee will hear from:
- Stuart Cook, Senior Partner, Transmission and Governance, Ofgem
- Martin Crouch, Partner, European Strategy and Environment, Ofgem
- Alison Kay, Commercial Director for Transmission, National Grid
At 11 am the Committee will hear from:
- Daniel Dobbeni, President, European Network of Transmission System Operators (ENTSO-E)
- Alberto Pototschnig, Director, Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
Timings are approximate.
What will the session look at?
- The costs and benefits of a European supergrid
- The problem of intermittent renewable generation
- European initiatives for developing offshore grids
- Regulatory and technical challenges for developing a supergrid