The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on smart meter roll-out.
Tuesday 23 April 2013, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
Panel 1, at 10.00am
- Dr John Swanson, Biological Effects Policy Advisory Group
- Dr Jill Meara, Public Health England
- Dr Liz Evans and Mike Mitcham, Stop Smart Meters (UK)
Panel 2, at 10.40am
- Audrey Gallacher, Consumer Focus
- Allen Creedy, Federation of Small Businesses
Panel 3, at 11.20am
- Tony Taylor, Energy Services and Technology Association
- Sean Weir, SmartReach
- Hans Kristiansen, Orsis (UK) Ltd
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- public perceptions of and concerns about smart meters,
- cost and value for money of roll-out,
- potential consumer benefit from smart meters,
- security and interoperability, and
- communication and smart meter coverage.