The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold its first public evidence session on the Draft Energy Bill at 10.00am on Tuesday 12 June 2012, in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
At 10.00am approx
- Sara Vaughan, Director of Strategy & Regulation, E.ON UK
- Keith Anderson, Chief Corporate Officer of ScottishPower
- Ian Marchant, Chief Executive , SSE
At 11.00am approx
- Vincent de Rivaz, Chief Executive Officer, EDF Energy
- John McElroy, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, RWEnpower
- Sarwjit Sambhi, Managing Director Power Generation, Centrica
Timings are approximate.
This session will focus on Part 1, Chapters 1-7 of the draft Bill and associated documents. In particular it will explore the following areas:
- Setting the strike price for Contracts for Difference (CFDs);
- Counterparty models for CFDs;
- Effectiveness of CFDs for Renewables and CCS;
- Proposed use of investment instruments;
- The role of demand-side reduction in the proposed Capacity Market
- Analysis of future capacity and electricity demand;
- CCS and the proposed Emissions Performance Standard, and
- EPS exemptions linked to security of supply.