The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold its second evidence session on Ofgem's Retail Market Review at 9.45am on Wednesday 22 June 2011 in Committee room 8, Palace of Westminster
At 9.45 am
- Alistair Buchanan, Chief Executive, and
- Andrew Wright, Senior Partner Markets, Ofgem
At approximately 10.45 am
- Charles Hendry MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change, with officials.
What will be covered?
The session will explore the findings of Ofgem's interim Retail Market Review and assess the viability of Ofgem's initial proposals which are aimed at making competition in the market more effective and improving customer engagement through:
- Making tariffs clearer and fairer,
- Enhancing competition in the market,
- Strengthening measures to increase consumer engagement, and
- Improving reporting transparency.
Timings are approximate.