As previously announced the Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on 'Building new nuclear: the challenges ahead' at 10.15 am on Tuesday 15 May 2012 in Room 8, Palace of Westminster.
At 10.15am the Committee will hear evidence from:
- Volker Beckers, Group Chief Executive Officer, RWE npower
- Tony Cocker, Chief Executive, EON UK
And at 11.15am:
- Charles Hendry MP, Minister of State
- Hergen Haye, Head of New Nuclear & Strategy, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- reasons for the sale of Horizon Nuclear Power
- characteristics of a potential buyer for the Horizon project
- energy policy certainty and Electricity Market Reform
- implications of the Fukushima incident on the nuclear sector