The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the first oral evidence session of its inquiry The Future of Marine Renewables in the UK at 2.15 pm on Wednesday 2 November 2011 in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster.
At 2.15 pm approx:
- Neil Davidson, Aquamarine Power
- Andrew Tyler, Marine Current Turbines
- Chris Rich, Offshore Wave Energy Limited
- Gordon Edge, RenewableUK
At 3.15 pm approx:
- Amaan Lafayette, E.ON UK
- Dan Pearson, MeyGen
- Rob Stevenson, Tidal Generation Limited
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- What role could wave and tidal energy play in the UK's energy mix?
- Will the Government's current policies be effective in encouraging the development of marine energy?
- What is the scope for building supply chain industries in the UK?
- Which factors affect decisions to invest in wave and tidal energy?