The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the third oral evidence session of its inquiry The Future of Marine Renewables in the UK at 10.15 am on Tuesday 13 December 2011 in the Grimond room, Portcullis House.
Who will the Committee hear from?
At 10.15 am approx:
- Hannah Nixon, and Stuart Cook, Ofgem
- Harry Huyton, RSPB
- John Callaghan, The Crown Estate
At 11.00 am approx:
- Gregory Barker MP, Minister of State,
- Duarte Figueira, Head of Offshore Renewables, and
- Trevor Raggatt, Deputy Head, Offshore Renewables Unit, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- What role could wave and tidal energy play in the UK's energy mix?
- Will the Government's current policies be effective in encouraging the development of marine energy?
- Does the UK have the right infrastructure to support more use of wave and tidal energy?
- Are the different organisations involved in supporting the development of wave and tidal energy in the UK working together effectively?