The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence on Low Carbon Innovation on Tuesday 18 March 2014 in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1, at 9.30am:
- Dr Helen Meese, Head of Engineering in Society, Engineering The Future
- Professor Jim Watson, Research Director, UK Energy Research Centre
- Professor Paul Stewart, Centre for Low Carbon Futures
Panel 2, at 10.30am:
- Rt Hon. Gregory Barker MP, Minister of State for Climate Change, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Dr Paul Hollinshead OBE, Director of Science and Innovation, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of session
This is the third of three sessions covering the Government’s approach towards low carbon innovation.
The session will look at:
- Costs and benefits of the Government’s approach towards low carbon innovation
- The role of low carbon innovation towards the UK’s legally binding emissions reductions targets
- International engagement on low carbon innovation