The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public with John Ashton CBE, the outgoing UK Special Representative for Climate Change, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, at 10.05 am on Thursday 21 June 2012 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
The session is expected to explore a range of issues, including:
- The role of the UK Special Representative for Climate Change
- Recent UK achievements on climate change
- The EU target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2020
- Barriers to making further progress on climate change
- The UNFCCC as a forum for climate change negotiations
- After Kyoto and Durban – what next?
- Low-carbon links between the UK and China